About the Conference
The International Conference on Tribology – BALKANTRIB is supported by the Balkan Tribological Association and is organized every three years since 1993, each time in different Balkan country. The previous conferences were held in Bulgaria (1993 and 2008), Greece (1996 and 2011), Romania (1999 and 2014), Turkey (2002 and 2017) and Serbia (2005). After 16 years, for the second time, BALKANTRIB conference is hosted by Serbia. The 10th International Conference on Tribology – BALKANTRIB '20 will be held in Belgrade, at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering on May 20-22, 2021. The original date of the Conference was on September 24-26, 2020, but it was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This anniversary conference is organized by the Serbian Tribology Society and the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering in Belgrade.
The scope of the 10th International Conference on Tribology – BALKANTRIB '20 embraces the state-of-the-art and future trends in tribology research and application. Tribology as an interdisciplinary scientific area is always in the core of research and industrial interests, and the Conference aims to stimulate the collaboration between scientists, researchers, industrial engineers and specialists. The Conference will focus on both the fundamental and applied aspects of friction, wear and lubrication, at all scales. Contributions all over the world, involving any aspect of tribology are welcome.
- Fundamentals of friction and wear
- Tribological properties of solid materials
- Surface engineering and coating tribology
- Lubricants and lubrication
- Tribotesting and tribosystem monitoring
- Tribology in machine elements
- Tribology in manufacturing processes
- Tribology in transportation engineering
- Design and calculation of tribocontacts
- Sealing tribology
- Nano and microtribology
- Other topics related to tribology